A lot of people think of the Poconos Mountains region as a nice place to visit. In fact, according to the Poconos Mountains Visitors Bureau, almost 24 million people visit the area every year! Some people have discovered that—while visiting is nice—actually living in the Poconos is even better! What is it that attracts people to the area?
- Natural Beauty: It’s easy to get out in the middle of Nature in the Poconos; whether you want to hike, bike, or paddle the waterways in the spring, summer or fall. And fall is a great time for leaf-peeping and enjoying the brilliant foliage. Big Pocono State Park is just one of many options in the region. If you’re a golfer, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to enjoy that special kind of beauty at one of the Poconos’ 35 golf courses, including the Jack Frost National Course (named as one the "Best Courses You Can Play" by Golfweek.
- History and the Arts: You can explore some of the region’s history with a trip to the No. 9 Mine and Museum. For a bit of culture, you can check out the offerings at the Mauch Chunk Opera House, or catch a play at the Ritz Company Playhouse. Perhaps you’ll like to explore the world of decorative glass at the Corglinger Glass Museum. Or if you’re in the mood for casual music listening, you can catch one of the many Poconos music festivals (take your pick from classical, jazz, blues, and more) around the area at various times of the year.
- Family Fun: If your family enjoys water parks, you won’t want to miss out on the largest indoor water park in America at Kalahari Resorts in the Poconos. And if your family enjoys watching racing, “The Ticky Triangle” at Pocono Raceway is a must for you to check out.
- Adult Fun: The kids shouldn’t be the only ones to have all the fun. The Poconos area has fun for adults as well. The Mount Airy Casino is one place where the grownups can enjoy themselves with slot machines, gaming, and a host of entertainment options.
- It’s a Winter Wonderland: People have been coming to the Poconos to ski for years, but now there’s so much more you can experience. Click here for a look at the 10 Best Ski Resorts in Poconos Pines for skiing, snowboarding, tubing, and more.
- Easy Access:Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport. Bus transportation is also available, and there continues to be talk of rail service to the Poconos.
- Great Homes: Of course, one thing that makes living in the Poconos region enjoyable is the option of building a great custom home right in the middle of all of this fun. We invite you to take a look at the many different custom home designs Liberty Homes offers. There’s a wide range of sizes and styles—and each of these designs can be adapted to meet your specific needs, tastes, and desires.
We think you’ll find that while the Poconos region may be a nice place to visit, you’ll really want to live there!