The modern bathroom is more than just a place to shower and get ready for work. Today the bathroom is about recharging, restoring and letting go of the stress of the day. Today's bathrooms have luxury features not imagined just ten years ago.
From in floor heating to temperature controlled medicine cabinets bathrooms have moved beyond the mundane to the futuristic. These are just some of the top trends in bathroom design.
- Steam Bath – not for most budgets because there is so much retrofitting going on (the ceiling needs to be sloped to reduce condensation) but a steam bath is a luxurious way to de-stress at the end of the day.
- Superior Ventilation – Spending a few more dollars can greatly increase the life of your walls and fixtures. With an efficient and more powerful fan you can extend the life of your painted walls and ceilings as well as electrical fixtures.
- Private Toilet – For a while now the trend has been to add privacy to the toilet. For larger master baths this is a must as the room can be useless to the other half if the toilet is the focal point of the room. Adding privacy makes the room much more functional for all.
- Built in shelving – Utilizing wall space around the tub and shower is a great way to keep items handy, organized and allows the homeowner the option to decorate the room easily without using nails on tile.
- Grab Bars – Many more people are looking forward to aging in place and have chosen to add grab bars and other traditionally institutional looking fixtures to their bathrooms. Today’s grab bars no longer look like they belong in a nursing home and can be quite beautiful.
To learn more about including these top bathroom design trends to your new home please contact Liberty Homes of Pennsylvania.