There was a time when “home security” for your Poconos home meant installing expensive, cumbersome equipment that was less than reliable and (too often) not all that effective in deterring break-ins. That has changed a lot in recent years.
Today’s home security systems are a whole lot more affordable, much easier to install and use, and offer a much wider range of features. They do a lot more than just alert a security company after you home has been breached (Talk about closing the barn door after the horse has run out!). Here’s a quick look at what you can expect from a current home security system.
- Security: Of course you still want to keep your home secure—whether it’s a vacation home or the home you live in full time. Today’s security systems can incorporate security cameras so that you can visually monitor what’s going on around your home. There is a lot of wildlife in the Poconos and you don’t want to have someone come out just because a deer or a raccoon triggered an alarm. You can also set the system to turn lights on and off at certain times. And you can change that remotely so that it really appears as if someone is in the home.
- Control: Many of today’s security systems also include additional functionality so that you can control heat, air conditioning, lighting, and even sprinkler systems from wherever you are via your smartphone , tablet, or computer. If you’re headed up to the mountains for some skiing, some systems even let you turn the heat on while you’re on your way so that your home will be nice and warm (or cool in the summer) when you get there.
- Home Warning: Having a break-in isn’t the only thing you have to be concerned about if you’re not home. Many systems can also send you an alert if your HAVAC system has a problem or if there is a water leak. Those are situations you want to know about as soon as possible to prevent damage.
- Video Monitoring: Sometimes it’s nice to be able to monitor things at home even if you’re in the area. Maybe you want to check on a pet while you’re out. Or maybe you want to keep an eye on the kids or grand kids while you’re running an errand. Video monitoring allows you to do that from wherever you are.
- While You’re At Home Security: A number of systems also allow you to monitor who is at your door. If someone knocks or rings your doorbell at an unusual time, you can have the option of seeing who is at the door before you open it.
We’re pleased to be able to tell you that Liberty Homes now installs home security systems that include cameras that will let you monitor your home even while you’re away—whether you just ran into town to grab some groceries or you’re miles away from your Poconos house. You can know that checking on your home is always as easy as grabbing your smartphone.
If enhanced home security is something you’d like to consider for your Poconos home, please contact us and we’ll be happy to talk to you about the systems we can install that will allow you to have increased peace of mind when it comes to your home in the Poconos!