When we talk about Christmas shopping in the Poconos, there are two major kinds of shopping that come to mine. First, there’s the shopping you do for yourself to find decorations so you can prepare your Poconos home for Christmas. Then there are the places you can go to find interesting and unusual gifts for family and friends (in places that are actually fun to shop). Here’s a short list of where to go Christmas shopping in the Poconos for both of those situations.
Shopping for Decorations:
If you're looking for décor for the inside of your home, you should check out The Christmas Factory. They are just off of Business Route 209 in Marshalls Creek. They have everything you need for creating a great looking home for the holidays.
- Need a Tree? You have a number of options in the Poconos area. At DeHaven’s Christmas Tree Farm in Saylorsburg, PA you can either select and cut your own tree—or have the staff cut it and prepare it for you. Weather permitting they also offer free wagon rides from 11:00-3:00 pm on Saturday's and Sunday's. Crystal Springs Tree Farm (Located in Lehighton near Bowmanstown, Jim Thorpe, Lansford, Ashfield, Nesquehoning) is another popular place to pick up a great tree and/or a decorated wreath.
- Don’t forget the exterior lights! If you want to have a home that looks great from the street (and don’t want to struggle with lights and ladders and cords)), you may want to enlist the services of Christmas Décor. These professionals have been providing consultation and Christmas lighting installation for more than 20 years. It’s a great, no-hassle solution to exterior holiday lighting.
Shopping for Unusual Gifts
The small towns in the Poconos are home to all kinds of interesting and unique small shops.
- The Emporium of Curious Goods in Jim Thorpe is situated in a beautiful Victorian home and offers gargoyles, fairies, vintage reproduction holiday collectibles...and curiosities of all sorts, including Old World Christmas decorations.
- The Country Kettle is a candy and gift shop in East Stroudsburg that offers more candy selections than you’d think possible! They also have jewelry, fashion items, collectibles, candles, and much more.
- Holley Ross Pottery, in LaAnna, is the place to go if you're looking for pottery of any kind (Dinnerware; Glassware; Stoneware; Gardenware; or more). You can even watch your gift being made right before your eyes! Or you can simply watch one of the free pottery demonstrations.
- Sellers Books & Fine Art is the place to go in Jim Thorpe if you’re looking for unusual used books or fine art. They offer an eclectic selection of interesting books in more than 50 categories. It’s a great place to find one-of-a-kind items.
- Backroads Antiques and Collectables in Henryville has been called one of the most fascinating antique shops in the northeast. It’s packed with unusual items of every description. Even if you aren’t looking for antiques, it’s worth a visit just to look around!
That is just a smattering of what’s available in the area. Of course, there’s so much more you can find simply by exploring some of the great small towns in the Poconos.