You may have heard the old proverb: “Good fences make good neighbors.” But is that really the dynamic you want to have in your relationship with your neighbors? What makes a neighbor a good neighbor? What makes a neighborhood a good neighborhood?
Those aren’t idle questions when you’re considering building a custom home in the Poconos. Where you build—and who lives around you—can be just as important as the floor plan you choose. So how do you choose wisely when it comes to picking a community (and, by extension, your neighbors)?
While you can’t always determine exactly who will live next to you, you can take a look at the kind of community you’re choosing. Generally speaking, people of like mind are attracted to the same kinds of environments.
That’s one of the reasons we’ve chosen to build custom homes strategically in certain communities around the Poconos region. Here’s a quick look at some of the communities where we’re proud to build homes.
- Thornhurst Township is the southernmost municipality in Lackawanna County. Situated along the Lehigh River, the community includes the Pinchot Trail System and the Lackawanna State Forest. Outdoor enthusiasts love the variety of activties the area affords, and residents greatly enjoy the natural beauty of the region. Click here for more information about Thornhurst Township.
- Arrowhead Lakes Community is a beautiful community in Pocono Lake, PA. The community provides easy access to Arrowhead Lake and North Arrowhead Lake. For those who want a private, gated community on a pristine lake in the Poconos, this just may be the perfect place. Find out more here.
- Locust Lake Village is an amazing community in Pocono Lake, PA. The community is located off Route 940,three miles from Blakeslee. There are actually five lakes in the community,three of which have beaches for swimming and are staffed by trained lifeguards in the summer months. Click here for more information!
- Lake Naomi is a recreational community located in northeastern Pennsylvania. The heart of this resort community is a 277-acre lake that can be used for boating, fishing, sailing and other water activities. The community is perfect for a vacation home or single-family home for residents interested in a relaxed lifestyle.If you’re interested in tennis, you’ll be glad to know Lake Naomi boasts the #1 rated tennis center in Pennsylvania! You can find more information here.
- Camelot Forest is (surprise!) a forested community nestled in the Poconos – perfect for single-family living in a quiet, peaceful location, surrounded by natural scenery! It's also only a few minutes from the Pocono Raceway and Pocono Mountain ski resorts. Click here for more details about this beautiful forested community.
Good fences may make good neighbors, but we think great communities make for great neighborhoods! Leave the fences in the suburbs and come enjoy Poconos living at its finest!